Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Stelian Groza <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/31 13:26:22 UTC

Drill 1.12 with avatica remote driver not working

Hi;

I am trying to configure a jdbc storage plugin by using avatica remote drive as follows:
{
  "type": "jdbc",
  "driver": "org.apache.calcite.avatica.remote.Driver",
  "url": "jdbc:avatica:remote:url=http://localhost:8082/druid/v2/sql/avatica/",
  "username": "root",
  "password": "mypassword",
  "enabled": true
}

whereas on localhost I have installed druid (http://druid <http://druid/>.io) which listen on 8082 for sql requests.
However the sql connection cant be established because drill send first an avatica synchConnection  request instead of avatica openConnection.
If I am using a java client with avatica 1.10.0 version everything is working fine.
I noticed also on druid there is calcite-avatica-1.4.0-r23 version which might be not in synch with 1.10.0.

Is there anything that I could do in order to fix this setup?

Thanks

Re: Drill 1.12 with avatica remote driver not working

Posted by Chunhui Shi <cs...@mapr.com>.
What version of Drill you are using? If you use latest Drill built from master branch, which is now moving to Calcite 1.15 built from MapR's clone, that might work for you.

whereas on localhost I have installed druid (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__druid&d=DwIFAg&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=FCGQb-L4gJ1XbsL1WU2sugDtPvzIxWFzAi5u4TTtxaI&m=T6dhrUjgNMKuTYfVzDjVcmeqHiOqy6v3oBrHCP68UyM&s=gMmntDGvlQGH1FD2GQKUDq8wWUOinZXNQTk6gorrlww&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__druid_&d=DwIFAg&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=FCGQb-L4gJ1XbsL1WU2sugDtPvzIxWFzAi5u4TTtxaI&m=T6dhrUjgNMKuTYfVzDjVcmeqHiOqy6v3oBrHCP68UyM&s=IfQhR1MkGhhiV5T0sFWlGDG3e-SYwDU2tdEU7DnB65s&e=>.io) which listen on 8082 for sql requests.