Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by acec acec <to...@yahoo.ca> on 2010/06/01 17:41:58 UTC

Does amq:connectionFactory use PooledConnectionFactory?

Hi, all
According to the following articles, I should use PooledConnectionFactory to avoid the performance issues.
http://activemq.apache.org/spring-support.html
http://activemq.apache.org/jmstemplate-gotchas.html

When I use the following configuration to create connectionFactory:
<amq:connectionFactory id="jmsFactory" brokerURL="vm://localhost"/>

Does it use PooledConnectionFactory?

Thanks.
Arden

Re: Does amq:connectionFactory use PooledConnectionFactory?

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
You can use also the PooledConnectionFactory like that if you use ActiveMq
with Camel jms component :

    <bean id="active-mq"
class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
    	<property name="transacted" value="false"/>
    	<property name="connectionFactory" ref="pooledConnectionFactory"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="activemqConnectionFactory"
        <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="pooledConnectionFactory"
class="org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactoryBean">
        <property name="maxConnections" value="8" />
        <property name="maximumActive" value="500" />
        <property name="connectionFactory" ref="activemqConnectionFactory"
/>
        <property name="resourceName" value="activemq.default" />
    </bean>

KR,

Charles

acec acec wrote:

> Hi, all
> According to the following articles, I should use PooledConnectionFactory
> to avoid the performance issues.
> http://activemq.apache.org/spring-support.html
> http://activemq.apache.org/jmstemplate-gotchas.html
>
> When I use the following configuration to create connectionFactory:
> <amq:connectionFactory id="jmsFactory" brokerURL="vm://localhost"/>
>
> Does it use PooledConnectionFactory?
>
> Thanks.
> Arden

-----
Charles Moulliard
SOA Architect

My Blog :  http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/ http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/

Re: Does amq:connectionFactory use PooledConnectionFactory?

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
No,

Check Bruce Snyder blog for more info about to setup this :

http://bsnyderblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/using-spring-jmstemplate-to-send-jms.html

KR,

Charles

-----