Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/01 09:11:02 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2019-11-01

2019-10-31 10:57:12 UTC - Florentin Dubois: I am not confident to create a new api using grpc. Because, this make hard to integrate with the web environment.
----
2019-10-31 11:19:11 UTC - Vladimir Shchur: Hi! Can someone give a comment regarding this method <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/master/pulsar-client/src/main/java/org/apache/pulsar/client/impl/ConsumerImpl.java#L604-L634>, why incoming message queue should be emptied and messages redelivered? From my understanding just the messageId of the latest message in the queue should be used as startMessageId in connectionOpened method.
----
2019-10-31 13:19:40 UTC - Ryan: @Ryan has joined the channel
----
2019-11-01 05:51:50 UTC - Addison Higham: hooray! finally got this passing all the tests: <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/5043>
100 : Sijie Guo
----
2019-11-01 05:55:35 UTC - Sijie Guo: In the case of Exclusive, Failover and Key_Shared subscription, the client want a certain order. So we need to empty the receiver queue and rewind from the first message.
----