Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/19 17:44:19 UTC

Selenium RC feedback

Since the hackathon I have been working with Selenium RC to see how it
could be integrated into ofbiz auto builds for regression testing.
Here is a summary of my findings and some recommendations.

1. Selenium RC can definitely be used as a simple ant build (e.g. Ant run-test)

2. Selenium RC does require jdk 1.5 so this may be a problem for some.

3. Requires some path settings to point to the appropriate browser for testing.

Recommendations

1.  You can write your selenium tests in Java for the auto tests, but
I would recommend we create an ofbiz selenium test driver to read a
file with selenium test commands.  This file would probably be a
simple XML file with selenium commands and expected responses.

2. We could use the test driver from step 1 and configure the tests in
the ofbiz-component.xml file with other automated tests.  The element
would include the path for the test script and execute with the other
configured tests.

I'll continue to play with selenium RC and let the group know what I
find.  If you have any thoughts on the above proposal post them to the
dev list.

Thanks,

Brett

Re: Selenium RC feedback

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Very awesome Brett.  I suspected your findings and am super-stoked to
see that it's come to fruition.  This further solidifies that we need
to go back to the Selenium guys and check in about the licensing
issues.  I have almost everything sorted out on the Webtest Framework
hooks as well, but have yet to finish it.  Can't wait to get there,
but in the meantime - thanks again Brett.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert