Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Alan Burlison <Al...@sun.com> on 2006/07/11 16:40:34 UTC

TimingOutCallback broken

The method handleResult() in org.apache.xmlrpc.client.TimingOutCallback
is broken.  When it is called an IllegalMonitorStateException is thrown:

> Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
>         at java.lang.Object.notify(Native Method)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.TimingOutCallback.handleResult(TimingOutCallback.java:75)
>         at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker$1.run(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:83)

Fix:  Add the 'synchronized' keyword to the method declaration, as per
the handleError() method.

--
Alan Burlison

Re: TimingOutCallback broken

Posted by Alan Burlison <Al...@sun.com>.
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

>> I also sent a mail about a 1-line method I'd like added to XmlRpxServlet:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-xmlrpc-user/200607.mbox/raw/%3c44A8666F.4070407@sun.com%3e/
>
> It's in my record, Alan. I have difficulties to keep it up, though.
> One thing's for sure: As in the case of the XmlRpcServlet, you won't
> recieve one particular accessor method, but a suggestion (and possibly
> code additions) for getting all the required info. (Patches welcome,
> though.)

I'm suggesting that this method is added to Connection:

	public InetAddress getRemoteAddr() {
		return socket.getInetAddress();
	}

Then the address of the client could be retrieved as follows:

class RequestHandler implements XmlRpcHandler {
     public Object execute(XmlRpcRequest req) throws XmlRpcException {
         RequestData rd = (RequestData) req.getConfig();
         Connection c = rd.getConnection();
         InetAddress ia = c.getRemoteAddr();

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/13/06, Alan Burlison <Al...@sun.com> wrote:

> I also sent a mail about a 1-line method I'd like added to XmlRpxServlet:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-xmlrpc-user/200607.mbox/raw/%3c44A8666F.4070407@sun.com%3e/

It's in my record, Alan. I have difficulties to keep it up, though.
One thing's for sure: As in the case of the XmlRpcServlet, you won't
recieve one particular accessor method, but a suggestion (and possibly
code additions) for getting all the required info. (Patches welcome,
though.)

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Re: TimingOutCallback broken

Posted by Alan Burlison <Al...@sun.com>.
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

Cheers Jochen :-)

I also sent a mail about a 1-line method I'd like added to XmlRpxServlet:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-xmlrpc-user/200607.mbox/raw/%3c44A8666F.4070407@sun.com%3e/

Any chance? ;-)

--
Alan Burlison

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Alan Burlison wrote:
> The method handleResult() in
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.TimingOutCallback is broken.  When it is
> called an IllegalMonitorStateException is thrown:
>
>> Exception in thread "Thread-1"
>> java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
>>         at java.lang.Object.notify(Native Method)
>>         at
>> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.TimingOutCallback.handleResult(TimingOutCallback.java:75)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker$1.run(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:83)

> Fix:  Add the 'synchronized' keyword to the method declaration, as per
> the handleError() method.

Done.

Re: TimingOutCallback broken

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Alan Burlison wrote:
> The method handleResult() in
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.TimingOutCallback is broken.  When it is
> called an IllegalMonitorStateException is thrown:
>
>> Exception in thread "Thread-1"
>> java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
>>         at java.lang.Object.notify(Native Method)
>>         at
>> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.TimingOutCallback.handleResult(TimingOutCallback.java:75)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker$1.run(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:83)

> Fix:  Add the 'synchronized' keyword to the method declaration, as per
> the handleError() method.

Done.