Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Yoram Halberstam <yo...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/12 09:08:22 UTC

Geode and recovery

Hi,

I am a newby with Geode. I tried to set up 2 vms for locators and 2 vms for
servers/regions.

This morning I get all locators down. My fault (probably) I put the
computer the computer to sleep last night without closing the VM.

So I rebooted my VMS and locators started until I started the regions VM
again at which point both locators on separate VM crashed. The Java process
was still up on both locators machine but the port 10334 was down (netstat
didn't show this port open).

I nailed it down to one of the locator folder that was corrupted (?)
because when I deleted it and started the locators again (and so it was
recreated) none of them crashe when I subsequently  readded the regions vm.

Now, my problem is that the corrupted locator machine didn't notify me of a
problem and crashed all locators as explained above. In production that
would be a problem I can't just erase folder :)

Any experience with the problem/symptoms above? How does geode handles
recovery?

Regards

Re: Geode and recovery

Posted by Akihiro Kitada <ak...@pivotal.io>.
Hello Yoram,

It may be better to post this kind of inquires to user@geode.apache.org
rather than dev@geode.apache.org, but could you provide any log messages
with locators vms, for clarifying what was wrong?

Thanks, regards.

--
Akihiro Kitada  |  Staff Customer Engineer |  +81 80 3716 3736
Support.Pivotal.io <https://pivotal.io/support>  |  Mon-Fri  9:00am to