Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/22 06:53:10 UTC

Xen server is OpenSource Now

Hi,

As the Xen server is now opensource...so would it be good choice of
Hypervisior instead of KVM....

1. Can I use Xenserver free of cost...as we can use KVM ,without pay single
panny ??
2. What features it support in opensource edition.. ??
3. What are the drawbacks to use the Opensource instead of commercial
supported Xenserver ??

Re: Xen server is OpenSource Now

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
cloudstack doesnt explicitly use any of the advanced 'paid for' features of
xenserver. IIRC.

Posted by Nont Banditwong <no...@gmail.com>.
Punit,

Posted by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

http://xenserver.org/blog/entry/xenserver-the-open-source-project.html

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Xen server is OpenSource Now

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
XCP is opensource
http://www.xenproject.org/downloads/xen-cloud-platform-archives/xen-cloud-platform-16.html

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com
> wrote:

> On 22-Jul-2013, at 7:34 AM, Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ram,
> >
> > Thanks for your updates....but if it's all open source then why my
> > xenserver throw the license error "your license will expire in 24 days"
> in
> > Xencenter ??
>

> Punit,
>
> XenServer *6.2* release is open source. Earlier versions are not. Which
> version are you running?
>
> --
> @shankerbalan
>
> M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
> shanker.balan@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue
> ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre,
> Bangalore - 560 055

> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is
> operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
> trademark.

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475
http://about.met/kirkjantzer