Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/03/03 15:04:55 UTC

Looks like JBoss is abandoning Tomcat

Haven't really looked at this yet,  Does anyone know if this is a
Tomcat fork ?

  http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossweb/freezone/
dist/1.0.1.GA/jbossweb-usersguide.pdf

Re: Looks like JBoss is abandoning Tomcat

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Paul McMahan wrote:
>> From reading that PDF it looks to me more like it embeds Tomcat rather
> than forking it.

Kinda like us ;-)

Re: Looks like JBoss is abandoning Tomcat

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
>From reading that PDF it looks to me more like it embeds Tomcat rather
than forking it.  Specifically, it says that it "uses" the 5.5 branch
and then says that the servlet 2.5 and jsp 2.1 specs will be supported
by Tomcat 6.0.x.