Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/03 12:26:32 UTC

Previous release info missing in Reporter?

Hi folks,

I wondered if there is an issue with the Reporter tool around release
info? I am noticing a bunch of previously existing releases missing in
the current results for Qpid.

I use reporter.apache.org for helping to prepare our board report, in
particular tracking release details as they occur makes it easier for
me to report on later. I have just added details of a new release
today, but noticed that the last 5 months of release info has
vanished.

The most recent 2 releases listed are currently shown as:
- qpid-jms-0.39.0: 2018-12-03
- qpid-dispatch-1.2.0: 2018-07-02

However, there were over 20 releases that occurred between these that
were previously present but are no longer listed. Was the information
lost? I had a search but didn't see similar issues noted in JIRA or
email.

Thanks,
Robbie

Re: Previous release info missing in Reporter?

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 at 12:29, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 at 18:48, Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 12/3/18 1:26 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I wondered if there is an issue with the Reporter tool around release
> > > info? I am noticing a bunch of previously existing releases missing in
> > > the current results for Qpid.
> >
> > The service was moved, and perhaps something got lost during that.
>
> Used an old backup? Is there any way to recover what was lost?
>
> > There is a quick an easy way to re-fetch all releases if it's logged in
> > JIRA, and I just clicked that button and fetched some 50 releases.
> >

> I specifically dont use the 'fetch from JIRA' functionality because it
> doesnt work with multiple JIRA instances (unless every one prefixes
> their JIRA version names to make them align+separate nicely once all
> grouped together, which ours do not).
>
> E.g a bunch of the entries were munged together (same versions
> different dates) and its unclear which component the entry left is for
> without some additional knowledge, and theres also a bunch of
> duplicate entries after the fetch entering the same release over again
> with a different name than they already existed before you clicked it.
>
> It might just be easier not using the tool :)

Ok, so it lets you specify the project and prepend now, so I should be
able to use that to clean things up, I'll just need to remove ones
that have been munged together and/or arent prepended currently.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.