Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by george vagner <fr...@vagner.com> on 2002/01/28 19:34:54 UTC

mod_mime/9630: I am trying to open a msword 2000 document using windows98 that has word2000 installed, when clicking on the doc file i see winword try and start but the browser (IE) locks up . here is the link http://vagner.com/doc/resume.doc the fil

>Number:         9630
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       I am trying to open a msword 2000 document using windows98 that has word2000 installed, when clicking on the doc file i see winword try and start but the browser (IE) locks up . here is the link http://vagner.com/doc/resume.doc   the fil
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD ns1.vagner.com 4.5-RC FreeBSD 4.5-RC #2: Sat Jan 12 21:34:59 MST 2002     vagner@ns1.vagner.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/newfastns1-2  i386
Server Version: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) PHP/4.0.6
Server Built: Jan 9 2002 21:07:40
API Version: 19990320:10
Run Mode: standalone
User/Group: nobody(65534)/65533
Hostname/port: vagner.com:80
Daemons: start: 5    min idle: 5    max idle: 10    max: 150
Max Requests: per child: 0    keep alive: on    max per connection: 100
Threads: per child: 0
Excess requests: per child: 0
Timeouts: connection: 300    keep-alive: 15
Server Root: /usr/local
Config File: etc/apache/httpd.conf
PID File: /var/run/httpd.pid
Scoreboard File: /var/run/httpd.scoreboard

etc/apache/httpd.conf
     LoadModule mmap_static_module libexec/apache/mod_mmap_static.so
     LoadModule vhost_alias_module libexec/apache/mod_vhost_alias.so
     LoadModule env_module libexec/apache/mod_env.so
     LoadModule config_log_module libexec/apache/mod_log_config.so
     LoadModule mime_magic_module libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so
     LoadModule mime_module libexec/apache/mod_mime.so
     LoadModule negotiation_module libexec/apache/mod_negotiation.so
     LoadModule status_module libexec/apache/mod_status.so
     LoadModule info_module libexec/apache/mod_info.so
     LoadModule includes_module libexec/apache/mod_include.so
     LoadModule autoindex_module libexec/apache/mod_autoindex.so
     LoadModule dir_module libexec/apache/mod_dir.so
     LoadModule cgi_module libexec/apache/mod_cgi.so
     LoadModule asis_module libexec/apache/mod_asis.so
     LoadModule imap_module libexec/apache/mod_imap.so
     LoadModule action_module libexec/apache/mod_actions.so
     LoadModule speling_module libexec/apache/mod_speling.so
     LoadModule userdir_module libexec/apache/mod_userdir.so
     LoadModule alias_module libexec/apache/mod_alias.so
     LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/apache/mod_rewrite.so
     LoadModule access_module libexec/apache/mod_access.so
     LoadModule auth_module libexec/apache/mod_auth.so
     LoadModule anon_auth_module libexec/apache/mod_auth_anon.so
     LoadModule db_auth_module libexec/apache/mod_auth_db.so
     LoadModule digest_module libexec/apache/mod_digest.so
     LoadModule proxy_module libexec/apache/libproxy.so
     LoadModule cern_meta_module libexec/apache/mod_cern_meta.so
     LoadModule expires_module libexec/apache/mod_expires.so
     LoadModule headers_module libexec/apache/mod_headers.so
     LoadModule usertrack_module libexec/apache/mod_usertrack.so
     LoadModule unique_id_module libexec/apache/mod_unique_id.so
     LoadModule setenvif_module libexec/apache/mod_setenvif.so
     LoadModule php4_module libexec/apache/libphp4.so
cant open word document in windows by clicking on it.
try and open http://vagner.com/doc/resume.doc on a windows machine that has word installed.
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]

 e does open in unix or if i right click and save it.