Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by johnbing <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/29 07:09:14 UTC

Re: Acknowledgements and transacted sessions

As you have specified "Yes, auto redelivery and dlq handling are the key
differences between
the batch ack in a session.commit and an application initiated client
ack. (message.acknowledge) "

I am able to under dlq handling prospective ? I got that redelivery can only
be achieved by using transactions. But what is the difference in DLQ
handling in transactions Vs Acknowledgement ?

Re: Acknowledgements and transacted sessions

Posted by johnbing <bi...@gmail.com>.
Please respond...

Re: Acknowledgements and transacted sessions

Posted by johnbing <bi...@gmail.com>.
I have a test case where I am using CLIENT_ACK on consumer side and also
using session.recovery()

In this case, message redelivery is expected, right ? (according to
http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html)

and what if my consumer throws exception and continuous to run: Here after 6
redelivery attempts (by dafault),  Will messages still no be sent to the DLQ
?

Please correct me if I am wrong..

Re: Acknowledgements and transacted sessions

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
DLQ ( dead letter) is for failed messages, so messages that are acked
as poison - the consumer saying I cannot delivery this message, I have
retried and it gets rolledback of there is an exception.

If there is client ack, then the message is acked. There is no DLQ processing.

So DLQ processing is the result of a Poison Ack - another type of ack
that indicates a (possibly repeated) failure by the app as seen by the
message consumer

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com