Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2018/05/08 11:29:03 UTC

What needs to be done before trying to release Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0

Hi all,

Here's a list of things that need to be done:

1. Blockers from NetCAT need to be solved:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343308

2. We need to decide which of the pull requests need to be prioritized,
reviewed, and merged:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pulls

At least, I think, we need to review and merge the pull requests that
relate to JDK 10 'var' support. That way, when we release we'll have new
and relevant features relevant to the latest features of the JDK.

3. Resolve items that need to be resolved that weren't resolved in the Beta
release, e.g., items that Justin McLean raised in the IPMC vote.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+9.0+Beta+rc3

4. We also need to branch, the question is when.

Finally, bear in mind there'll be many more releases and we don't need to
try to do everything, i.e., of course there are many issues that need to be
evaluated and fixed, but I'd suggest we need to hurry up as much as we can
and finally get the final release of Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 out
the door.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: What needs to be done before trying to release Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 8 May 2018 at 12:29 Geertjan Wielenga <
geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Here's a list of things that need to be done:
>
> 1...4

Great!  A potential #5 (given other email I just responded to) is
clarifying inbound links to updates, issues, etc. and making sure
everything is set up to handle it.

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

Re: What needs to be done before trying to release Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

On 08/05/18 21:03, Laszlo Kishalmi wrote:
> [...]
>
> And Dashboard:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12332552

This one is superb. Congratulations!

Re: What needs to be done before trying to release Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

As Jirka draw my attention to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetBeans+9.0+Release+Criteria

There is probably no need to label/mark fix version on issues for
NetBeans 9.0

See the following JIRA Query:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-721?filter=12343678

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.