Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2002/10/21 00:05:02 UTC

Log reporting (was: Is Cactus successful)

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Ellis Teer wrote:

> > Note: I don't like too much the stats from webalizer and I have started
> > using awstats

I've been a webalizer user too. It suffices.

> > (http://jakarta.apache.org/~vmassol/awstats/awstats.jakarta.apache.org.h
> > tml) as an experiment. Much better stats I think (except the history).
>
> Thank you for mentioning that stats package as a sidenote.  Thinking of
> using it for a project now instead of analog/report magic.

If anyone is ever interested, I have the foundation of a Java 'LogView'
project currently sitting in my personal projects. The idea being that
it's your usual chaining design with Loglets and Renderers and reports and
stuff. By having in Java we gain the advantage of making it a live, based
on Log4J [or other] input. I also thought it was important to make it just
a log-reporting tool and not a web-log reporting tool. Most of the other
tool seem to kill themselves by going straight to the weblog concept.

Hen

Re: Log reporting (was: Is Cactus successful)

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Sourceforge it and let people play (or commons-sandbox it and see where it
goes).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald