Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/10/03 14:31:39 UTC

Re: [classlib] AWT/Swing deps

On 3 October 2006 at 7:49, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > I agree that downloading of prebuilt libraries is better choice.
> >
> > So we got only two options:
> > 1. Find prebuilt libraries somewhere.
> > 2. Build them ourselves and store them somewhere.
> >
> > I've tried to find prebuilt libraries but I was not successful. So it
> > seems that the only option is to build them ourselves.
> > And the only question is: Where to store them?
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> As I threatened in my original post, I put them in
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~geirm/harmony/
>
> I could move them to the snapshot directory too, but I figure no one
> is going to assume that we are formally distributing them if they are
> in a personal directory.

Agreed.  In a personal directory is a bit better.

But if we point 'ant fetch-depends' at it on an apache server even in
a personal directory, that seems be a bit more like distributing them
formally to me.

BTW, I made changes to move the unix fetch-awt-depends.sh[0] to the "ant
fetch-depends" target in anticipation of doing some downloads to fetch
them for windows.  If you want me to add the windows downloads, where
ever they end up, just ask.

I've left a warning in the now obsolete script.  I'll remove the
script next week, so please test the new ant code - which is
currently protected by with.awt.swing property.  I'll remove this
property completely[0] when we've added the windows downloads to 'ant
fetch-depends'.

-Mark.

[0] Though we need to think about headless/non-headless tests.