Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2019/08/22 14:49:39 UTC

Yank Polling application example

Hi

While working on Java 11, I was facing some issues with the polling sample,
especially the polling-mdb module.

I ended up commenting out the entire module, but it's not clear to me, what
we are teaching in this example.

The polling-mdb module does not do much and there is zero explanation. I am
also not sure we are showing or teaching good things (sleeps, weird hard
coded assertions, ...).

I'd be in favor of removing the entire polling sample.

Thoughts?

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: Yank Polling application example

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Thanks Richard.

I am ok with plan 1/ if someone wants to contribute it.
I would still yank the polling-mdb module. It has nothing to do with the
rest of the application and does not bring anything useful to teach.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
http://www.tomitribe.com