Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Manish G <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/25 12:45:03 UTC

Unable to self-assign issue

Hi,

I want to assign issue 17376
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-17376> to me, but it seems I
don't have rights to do it.

Manish

Re: Unable to self-assign issue

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manish,

Thanks for being interested in contributing to Flink!

It is our bylaw that only committers can assign a JIRA ticket [1] and you
could find the reason behind it in this ML discussion [2].

For FLINK-17376, since there's already a discussion and conclusion in ML
[3], I think it's ok to start preparing PR for it. However, since Stephan
is driving this work, I'd like to double confirm with him whether he is
already working on the PR or not before assigning it to you, hope you could
understand.

I've already left a message in JIRA and will help review the PR when
there's any. Let's follow this up in JIRA.

Best Regards,
Yu

[1] https://flink.apache.org/contributing/contribute-code.html
[2]