Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu> on 2006/03/01 00:01:41 UTC

Re: Need help with maven

Quoting Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>:

> >maven site worked for me and it generated the java docs..
> I couldn't understand what do you mean by "It just displays the src ".. I
> was able to generate java docs of
> http://ws.apache.org/kandula/apidocs/index.html this format.

this is what I want but it is not what I get. on the right side it just
displays the source code with line numbers!@#$%$^&*(

> One thing I noticed is that the recent updates to the site were not
> reflected under the xdocs folder in svn repo. Normally the custom is to
> change the files in the xdocs folder and generate the web site using maven
> site...

that's because I checked out the site folder seperately and did the updates
there. I'm not familiar with what the standard way of doing this is and that is
what I want to find out.

> Maven generates the site to target/docs.. We need to manually copy the pages
> to /site folder.

noted

> Also there seems to be some problems with the formats of the archi & users
> guide in the current svn, cause they do not generate the html's correctly
> with style sheets.

what do you mean?

> If you can provide me the archi/users guides I can volunteer to set the
> kandula1 & 2 sites up..

thanks but the thing is I work on this from time to time when I'm free so its
not a one shot process.

Re: Need help with maven

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>:

> >what do you mean?
> Files in the Xdocs folder needs to be in a given specific XML format.
> Generated HTML's give so much troubles with them, like the troubles I had
> when setting up the initail web site. If there is atleast one unknown tag
> Maven aborts the XSLT  transformation and leave it as it is.
> Make sure to include files in plain simple XML when putting things to xdocs.

I didn't know this. Thanks. for the site just create 2 top level folders under
site/ and we can copy what we get from maven under these folders.

--dasarath

Re: Need help with maven

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.

Re: Need help with maven

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
>> Also there seems to be some problems with the formats of the archi &
users
>> guide in the current svn, cause they do not generate the html's correctly
>> with style sheets.

>what do you mean?
Files in the Xdocs folder needs to be in a given specific XML format.
Generated HTML's give so much troubles with them, like the troubles I had
when setting up the initail web site. If there is atleast one unknown tag
Maven aborts the XSLT  transformation and leave it as it is.
Make sure to include files in plain simple XML when putting things to xdocs.

>> If you can provide me the archi/users guides I can volunteer to set the
>> kandula1 & 2 sites up..

>thanks but the thing is I work on this from time to time when I'm free so
its
>not a one shot process.
For the moment I can come up with a skeleton site. We can update the
user/Archi guide later.

I'll give it a try to do something like what Sandesha folks have done.. I
doubt whether we can generate the first page with links to both
projects with maven...In that case let's do a manual one for the first
page...

Thanks,
~Thilina

Re: Need help with maven