Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 20:35:48 UTC

HBase becomes ultra-slaggy

Hi,

My cluster started being incredibly slow in the past 2 days.
I've seen many Blocking updates on the region server logs, which lead me to believe HDFS creates is the bottleneck.
I ran a small test (hadoop fs -copyFromLocal big3_3Giga.tz.gz /tmp) which copies a 3.3G file, and I was surprised to see a rate of 11MB/sec, when it was previously around 28MB/sec.

I have 3 RS computers, hosting DataNode and embedded zookeeper as well.
And 1 Master computer, hosting NameNode as well.

The slowest computer has Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz, 4GB.

What steps can I take to find out the source of this slowdown?

Thanks!

Asaf Mesika

Re: HBase becomes ultra-slaggy

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
I used it but I didn't like the fact that the graph was updating every
minute and sometimes every 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 ביול 2012, at 06:57, Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Asaf - check the URL in my signature - it's a service for monitoring
various HBase metrics and may visually show you what is going on with
various parts of your 3 servers.

Otis
----
Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase -
http://sematext.com/spm

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
I got JMX counters hooked up to JConsole (couple of them opened).
Do you have any advice from your experience on what metrics I should focus on  to spot this issue?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.