Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Di Li <os...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/02 15:56:11 UTC

How to tell when Ambari server DB was upgraded

Hello folks,

Are there any indications in Ambari server DB on when it has been upgraded
by the ambari-server upgrade command ?

For example, if I upgrade Ambari from version 2.2.0 to 2.4.2 at "Thu Feb  2
07:54:49 PST 2017" , will this timestamp/date-time info store in the
database ?

I would like to know this information in order to check if certain
operations had run (similar to the service check validation done by the
express upgrade prechecker)

Di

Re: How to tell when Ambari server DB was upgraded

Posted by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
There was an initiative to capture this information: AMBARI-16030 ... but this seems to have stalled.

If you still have the logs from Ambari Server, you can see when upgrades run by looking for text similar to:
Upgrading schema to target version = 2.4.2.0