Posted to community@apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2008/02/07 15:43:22 UTC

Geek book collectors

A friend of mine is doing a newspaper article about the seemingly
contradictory trend that he's noticed that many geeks also are
voracious readers and have large book collections. I spend 10 hours a
day staring at a computer screen, but I have a book collection of
close to 1000 books. Yes, I have a problem.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you folks share my problem, and
would be willing to speak (or email) briefly with someone who's
interested in getting to the bottom of our psychosis, and
understanding why people so interested in computers and the internet
would also care about something as archaic as ink on paper.

If you'd be willing, please drop me a note, and I can put you in
touch with him.

Thanks.

--
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it.

Re: Geek book collectors

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
Can't recommend http://www.delicious-monster.com/ enough btw, if you
have OS X :)

Let's you mix the book geek and tech geek in you.

Hen

Re: Geek book collectors

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

--