Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/01 15:32:00 UTC

Pasting behavior in TLF

I’m working on some issues related to pasting text in TLF and I’m not sure what the expected behavior is. Is there supposed to be any support for copying RTF text and preserving any of the formatting, or is RTF text supposed to take on the formatting of the TLF text that it’s being pasted into?

I had in my mind that pasting RTF has some support, but I’m not seeing that when I’m checking now.

Harbs

Re: Pasting behavior in TLF

Posted by Joel Marks <jo...@workiva.com>.
Sorry for not replying earlier. I only check this mailing list about once a
month or so.

We rolled our own RTF parsing solution and it sucked. RTF sucks in general.
I would suggest what we are doing with our new text editor written in Dart
and just use HTML. TLF doesn't include a parser for that either but it is
much easier to develop than RTF and HTML includes all the information you
need. Word even goes as far as including advanced features like footnotes
in the HTML that it puts on the clipboard.