Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael-O <19...@gmx.net> on 2013/09/01 21:25:14 UTC

Exclude specific files from assembly dependency set

Hi folks,

I am creating a binary assembly during project release. All release
artifacts are uploaded to RSO are signed with GPG. The assembly is not
uploaded to RSO but to SF.net.

Now, I have created the following assembly descriptor:

<assembly ...>
     <id>bin</id>
     <formats>
         <format>zip</format>
         <format>tar.gz</format>
     </formats>
    [...]
     <dependencySets>
         <dependencySet>
             <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
             <useProjectAttachments>true</useProjectAttachments>
             <excludes>
                 <exclude>org.apache.commons:commons-lang3</exclude>
             </excludes>
         </dependencySet>
     </dependencySets>
</assembly>

Unfortunately, the asc files land in the lib directory because they are
attached too. I have tried

<exclude>${project.groupId}:${project.artifactId}:asc:${project.version}</exclude>

and

<exclude>${project.groupId}:${project.artifactId}:asc</exclude>

and even

<exclude>*:asc:*</exclude>

but none of them works.

How can I exclude the signature files?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Exclude specific files from assembly dependency set

Posted by Michael-O <19...@gmx.net>.
Am 2013-09-01 21:25, schrieb Michael-O:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am creating a binary assembly during project release. All release
> artifacts are uploaded to RSO are signed with GPG. The assembly is not
> uploaded to RSO but to SF.net.
>
> Now, I have created the following assembly descriptor:
>
> <assembly ...>
>      <id>bin</id>
>      <formats>
>          <format>zip</format>
>          <format>tar.gz</format>
>      </formats>
>     [...]
>      <dependencySets>
>          <dependencySet>
>              <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
>              <useProjectAttachments>true</useProjectAttachments>
>              <excludes>
>                  <exclude>org.apache.commons:commons-lang3</exclude>
>              </excludes>
>          </dependencySet>
>      </dependencySets>
> </assembly>
>
> Unfortunately, the asc files land in the lib directory because they are
> attached too. I have tried
>
> <exclude>${project.groupId}:${project.artifactId}:asc:${project.version}</exclude>
>

> and
>
> <exclude>${project.groupId}:${project.artifactId}:asc</exclude>
>
> and even
>
> <exclude>*:asc:*</exclude>
>
> but none of them works.
>
> How can I exclude the signature files?

I found a solution by analyzing the debug output. Simply put

<exclude>${project.groupId}:${project.artifactId}:*.asc</exclude>

in your descriptor.

Michael