Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by NabiL <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/27 12:51:18 UTC

Problem to start AMQ 5.1.0

Hi all,

I use ActiveMQ 5.1.0, OS Linux ES 4.

I get errors when start activemq, why ?

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /usr/apache-activemq-5.1.0
ACTIVEMQ_BASE: /usr/apache-activemq-5.1.0
INFO  BrokerService                  - Using Persistence Adapter:
AMQPersistenceAdapter(/usr/apache-activemq-5.1.0/data)
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 5.1.0 JMS Message Broker
(localhost) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
see: http://activemq.apache.org/
INFO  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - AMQStore starting using directory:
/usr/apache-activemq-5.1.0/data
INFO  KahaStore                      - Kaha Store using data directory
/usr/apache-activemq-5.1.0/data/kr-store/state
INFO  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - Active data files: []
INFO  KahaStore                      - Kaha Store using data directory
/usr/apache-activemq-5.1.0/data/kr-store/data
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
tcp://seda:61616
ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message
Broker. Reason: java.net.SocketException: No such device
java.net.SocketException: No such device
	at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.join(Native Method)
	at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.join(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:172)
	at java.net.MulticastSocket.joinGroup(MulticastSocket.java:276)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.start(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:277)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.start(TransportConnector.java:245)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startTransportConnector(BrokerService.java:1853)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startAllConnectors(BrokerService.java:1801)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:455)
	at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:50)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1288)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1257)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:438)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:383)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:353)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:245)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:169)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:400)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:736)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:369)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:64)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:52)
	at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createApplicationContext(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:96)
	at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:52)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:71)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:54)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:111)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:73)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:129)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:79)
	at
	at
	at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:222)
	at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:106)
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' defined in class
path resource [activemq.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.net.SocketException: No such device
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' defined in class
path resource [activemq.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.net.SocketException: No such device
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:98)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:129)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:79)
	at
	at
	at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:222)
	at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:106)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0'
defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.net.SocketException: No such device
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1260)
[...]
	... 10 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: No such device
[...]
	... 29 more
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' defined in class
path resource [activemq.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.net.SocketException: No such device
java.lang.Exception:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' defined in class
path resource [activemq.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.net.SocketException: No such device
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:99)
[...]
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ Message Broker (localhost,
null) is shutting down
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Network Connector default-nc Stopped
ERROR MulticastDiscoveryAgent        - Failed to advertise our service:
default.ActiveMQ-4.dead.%localhost%tcp://seda:61616
java.io.IOException: Network is unreachable
	at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(Native Method)
	at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(DatagramSocket.java:612)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.doAdvertizeSelf(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:361)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.stop(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:294)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceStopper.stop(ServiceStopper.java:41)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.stop(TransportConnector.java:258)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceStopper.stop(ServiceStopper.java:41)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.stopAllConnectors(BrokerService.java:1379)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.stop(BrokerService.java:483)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.containerShutdown(BrokerService.java:1724)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService$3.run(BrokerService.java:1702)
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector openwire Stopped
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector ssl Stopped
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector stomp Stopped
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector xmpp Stopped
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
(localhost, null) stopped

Thanks in advance.
NabiL

Re: Problem to start AMQ 5.1.0

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 4:51 AM, NabiL <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.stop(TransportConnector.java:258)
>        at org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceStopper.stop(ServiceStopper.java:41)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.stopAllConnectors(BrokerService.java:1379)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.stop(BrokerService.java:483)
>        at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.containerShutdown(BrokerService.java:1724)
>        at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService$3.run(BrokerService.java:1702)
> INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector openwire Stopped
> INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector ssl Stopped
> INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector stomp Stopped
> INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector xmpp Stopped
> INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker

As Jill mentioned already, this appears to be a problem with IP
multicast. By default, the ActiveMQ XML configuration starts up a
mulicast network connector and advertises the openwire transport on a
multicast group. Comment out both the discoveryUri on the openwire
transport and the default-nc network connector and this error should
not occur anymore. I hazard a guess that this error is happening
because is blocking IP multicast on your computer or it's not enabled.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Problem to start AMQ 5.1.0

Posted by "Srini.Jill" <sr...@gmail.com>.
if the system in which you are running the MQ server is not in lan , i think
we get this exception .

Comment the discoveryUri="multicast://default"  part in the config file
start the server.

Regards,
Jill