Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2003/10/07 22:41:04 UTC

[IDEA] failonerror=false for forrestbot2

While it may have limited use in production, for development I think it
would be nice to be able to configure forrestbot to continue even if there
are broken links on the website.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: [IDEA] failonerror=false for forrestbot2

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Quoting Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>:

> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 04:41:04PM -0400, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >
> > While it may have limited use in production, for development I think it
> > would be nice to be able to configure forrestbot to continue even if
> > there are broken links on the website.
>
> If you like.  We could do that with an <if> test around the <throw>.  But
> all that would achieve is that the 'deploy' step would run, and if
> there's a broken page, generally you wouldn't want it deployed.  I
> envisaged the Forrestbot being used for stable sites where errors
> shouldn't occur.  Why use it during development?

Right now, I'm working on getting forrestbot set up for a project that
consistently breaks.  It's going to be a while before I (or someone else) will
be able to decide how best to fix it.  In the mean time, I'd like it to continue
with the deploy and notify.

--
http://csx.calvin.edu - student org

Re: [IDEA] failonerror=false for forrestbot2

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 04:41:04PM -0400, Dave Brondsema wrote:

> While it may have limited use in production, for development I think it
> would be nice to be able to configure forrestbot to continue even if
> there are broken links on the website.

If you like.  We could do that with an <if> test around the <throw>.  But
all that would achieve is that the 'deploy' step would run, and if
there's a broken page, generally you wouldn't want it deployed.  I
envisaged the Forrestbot being used for stable sites where errors
shouldn't occur.  Why use it during development?

--Jeff