Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by sd <sd...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/27 12:23:27 UTC

Accessing cave repository.xml does not work in latest 2.3.x

After creating a new child instance and installing cave
admin:create cave
admin:start cave
admin:connect cave
features:addurl
mvn:org.apache.karaf.cave/apache-karaf-cave/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
features:install cave-obr-server
cave:create-repository partner-repo
cave:update-repository partner-repo
cave:register-repository partner-repo
cave:upload-artifact partner-repo
file:/home/sam/Projects/Apache/SlingTesting/sams-test/target/org.test.sams.sling-1.0.0.jar
^^^ alll above works fine, below here does not

karaf@cave> cave:list-repositories
Name                 Location
[partner-repo]
[/home/sam/Karaf/apache-karaf-2.3.1-SNAPSHOT/instances/cave/cave/partner-repo]

As per the documentation here:
http://blog.nanthrax.net/2011/08/apache-karaf-cave-preview/
I should be able to access the repository.xml as follows:
http://localhost:8181/cave/partner-repo-repository.xml, this is not
accessible and after trying several alternatives mixing with basic:auth
nothing valid is produced

On another note: I am also not able to add another repository to sling as
listed here:
http://sling.apache.org/site/installing-and-upgrading-bundles.html

The provided url is invalid:
http://localhost:7402/sample/system/console/bundlerepo?action=refreshOBR&repository=file:///tmp/repo/repository.xml

There is no bundlerepo here from what I can see. I am unable to find
anything on the admin console that lists OBRs either.

I've gone in and done a feature:add obr into sling-test child as well, am
able to add the absolute file: to my cave repository.xml and obr:listurl and
obr:list show the url and my single bundle as i would expect, no exceptions
in the logs. Nothing shows in the ui.

I have three instances running:
root
cave
sling-test

This is for basic testing, ultimately I would like to have cave proxy a
remote mvn OBR that contains sling bundles. I would be happy without the
proxying and mirror or cache all local if I can get this to work.

Many places documentation is missing or invalid, I was looking at some
unitests for clues but often they aren't much help, for example there is
nothing in Sling covering Sling-Bundle-Resources. Can be a bit frustrating
for someone just starting.