Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2013/12/20 11:05:53 UTC

Re: implementing a mast head/common code.

Hi Dave,
You've sent this to the wrong email address, so I'm forwarding it onto the
proper one (users@isis.apache.org)

Subscribe to the mailing list by sending a blank email to
users-subscribe@isis.apache.org

... and I'll reply there.

Thx
Dan

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
> > On 20 December 2013 09:38, <da...@pinan.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> >> I am thinking about using Isis to implement a web site, My website has a
> >> masthead and other common component such as a widget for taking two date
> >> fields, which I like to share across several screens.

My instinct is that you might find this a bit tricky (at least, if just
starting out with Isis).

As you've probably figured out, Isis is a framework that automatically
renders domain objects to the UI.  Each of the screens renders either a
single domain object, or a standalone collection returned by invoking an
action.

What I'm not sure about is what these two dates fields you want to show fit
into this?

>  >>
> >> I known that Isis supports what appears to be single style widgets, such
> >> as the gmap/excel integration, does it support multiple common
> >> components?

Isis Wicket viewer is quite extensible, and - by using the ComponentFactory
interface - we can change the rendering of any part of any view.  So, the
answer to your question is "probably"... but it needs to be cast in terms
of the domain objects that are being rendered.

Give us some more details, we'll see if we can work out whether Isis is a
fit for your requirements

Cheers
Dan

>  >>
> >> regards
> >>

> >> Dave.

Re: implementing a mast head/common code.

Posted by da...@pinan.co.uk.
Hi Dan,

Thanks for taking the trouble for helping out a beginner on this subject.

Thanks

Dave.