Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Joachim Lindenberg <jo...@lindenberg.one> on 2020/02/09 18:17:13 UTC

guacamole 1.1 docker + Hyper-V instances?

Hello,

I tried to upgrade one of my docker based guacamole installations today, and
failed. I am using guacamole mostly to connect to Hyper-V virtual machines,
using the preconnection blob mechanism. Now when I connected to the new
guacamole, I was able to authenticate using my extension (thanks for staying
compatible!), but connections failed. In guacd log I found the cause:

guacd[100]: WARNING:    Installed version of FreeRDP lacks support for the
preconnection PDU. The specified preconnection BLOB and/or ID will be
ignored.

Is there a reason not to compile with Hyper-V support out of the box? Did I
miss a discussion on the mailing list? Or is it by accident Debian has the
wrong default?

Thanks, Joachim

AW: guacamole 1.1 docker + Hyper-V instances?

Posted by Joachim Lindenberg <jo...@lindenberg.one>.
Hi Nick,

thanks for following up.  I just did a quick test of a nightly build (2.0.0-dev5 (245fc6014)) of wfreerdp and it supports preconnection blobs – doesn´t look like support was removed in general. Thus I´d assume it is more like guacamole does not recognize it, or the build options used by Debian do not support it.

Thanks & Best Regards, Joachim

I tried to upgrade one of my docker based guacamole installations today, and failed. I am using guacamole mostly to connect to Hyper-V virtual machines, using the preconnection blob mechanism. Now when I connected to the new guacamole, I was able to authenticate using my extension (thanks for staying compatible!), but connections failed. In guacd log I found the cause:

guacd[100]: WARNING:    Installed version of FreeRDP lacks support for the preconnection PDU. The specified preconnection BLOB and/or ID will be ignored.

Is there a reason not to compile with Hyper-V support out of the box? Did I miss a discussion on the mailing list? Or is it by accident Debian has the wrong default?

It seems like FreeRDP 2 either removed support for this or has changed it to the point where Guacamole doesn't recognize it.  Worth some additional investigation - if they've just changed it and we need to adjust, then it's worth a JIRA issue on our side.  If FreeRDP 2 has removed it then there isn't much we can do about it.

It looks like FreeRDP 2 supports it, so there's something in the Guacamole code that sets/detects it that has broken with the switch to FreeRDP 2.  I've opened a JIRA issue for it:

-Nick

Re: guacamole 1.1 docker + Hyper-V instances?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.