Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Peter Mahoney <pm...@digitalbrain.com> on 2007/06/01 09:43:53 UTC

Error while processing state

We have recently put live a new version of an application using a build
of MyFaces core from 22nd May. Following the release I have been
consistently seeing in the logs the following exception:

javax.faces.FacesException: error while processing state : rO0ABXVyABNbTGphdmEubGFuZy5PYmplY3Q7kM5YnxBzKWwCAAB4cAAAAANzcgBHb3JnLmFwYWNoZS5teWZhY2VzLmFwcGxpY2F0aW9uLlRyZWVTdHJ1Y3R1cmVNYW5hZ2VyJFRyZWVTdHJ1Y3RDb21wb25lbnRGWR	...
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.StateUtils.reconstruct(StateUtils.java:252)	at org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlResponseStateManager.getTreeStructureToRestore(HtmlResponseStateManager.java:164)	at org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreTreeStructure(JspStateManagerImpl.java:218)	at org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreView(JspStateManagerImpl.java:267)
at org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:231)
at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.restoreView(FaceletViewHandler.java:310)	at
Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.EOFException
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.StateUtils.getAsObject(StateUtils.java:321)
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.StateUtils.reconstruct(StateUtils.java:248)	... 41 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.java:2232)	at

There seems to be no pattern with the length of the state String. I have been unable to reproduce the problem myself, which makes this very difficult to solve. I wondered whether anyone else has come across this, or whether there are any likely causes in the MyFaces code?

Thanks

Peter

Re: Error while processing state

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I've had one (maybe two) similar problems in the past.

In one, the page gets randomly truncated by the Oracle Application
Server, but runs fine elsewhere.

In another, I've seen exceptions generated in the middle of the
client-side state saving, corrupting the value -- that looks kind of
like what you have.   I think I fixed it by setting up a servlet
filter to capture exceptions, but I can't remember.   Unfortunately,
all of the magic smoke just escaped from the harddrive in my mail
archiving machine.

Posted by Titi Wangsa <bl...@gmail.com>.
i've had that problem.
then i changed saving state from client to server.
i have no idea why it happens..