Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Raffael Marty <ra...@pixlcloud.com> on 2014/07/07 07:00:06 UTC

SparkSQL - Partitioned Parquet

Does SparkSQL support partitioned parquet tables? How do I save to a partitioned parquet file from within Python?

 table.saveAsParquetFile("table.parquet”)

This call doesn’t seem to support a partition argument. Or does my schemaRDD have to be setup a specific way?

Re: SparkSQL - Partitioned Parquet

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
The only partitioning that is currently supported is through Hive
partitioned tables.  Supporting this for parquet as well is on our radar,
but probably won't happen for 1.1.