Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org> on 2007/08/21 18:41:39 UTC

[VOTE] Approve OpenJPA 1.0.0 release

OpenJPA Developers-

A candidate build for OpenJPA 1.0.0 is available at:

   http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.0/downloads/

Please review these artifacts and signatures, and vote whether we
should release them as Apache OpenJPA version 1.0.0. Release notes
for this release are included in the artifact, or can be browsed at:

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.0.0/openjpa-
project/RELEASE-NOTES.html

The Apache Release Audit Tool has been run on the release, and no
missing licenses were found with the exceptions listed in the
exclusion section of the "rat-maven-plugin" configuration in http://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/branches/1.0.0/pom.xml .

In accordance with http://www.apache.org/foundation/
voting.html#ReleaseVotes , three +1 votes will be sufficient to
approve the release for publication. While it is not possible to veto
a release, the vote will remain open for the standard 3 day period
(ending at 12:00 EST on Friday 8/24) in order to allow people to
thoroughly review the release and perform whatever additional testing
they desire and raise any concerns or objections.

A vote of "+1" means you approve of the release for publication, "-1"
means you do not approve, and a "+0" or "-0" means you are neutral.

Thanks in advance for your diligence in helping to ensure that the
quality of the OpenJPA 1.0.0 release reflects the high quality of all
of its contributors!

Re: [VOTE] Approve OpenJPA 1.0.0 release

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
-1. While changing the Kodo product to use the new method signatures,
I realized that 'FetchPlan.setEnlistInQueryResultCache()' does not
actually reflect the meaning of the call. It should be
'setQueryResultCacheEnabled()', since it controls whether or not the
query result cache is consulted, not whether it is populated.

I've attached a patch that changes the name again.

While we're at it, I thought it'd be worth pointing out that we're
using a 'getFoo()' pattern for booleans, not an 'isFoo()' pattern.

Sorry about the trouble.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: [VOTE] Approve OpenJPA 1.0.0 release

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
It's still working for me. What errors are you getting with the test?

-Mike

Re: [RESCIND VOTE] Approve OpenJPA 1.0.0 release

Posted by catalina wei <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1.
 mvn clean install
build successful for me:
Results :

Catalina

Posted by Ignacio Andreu <pl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@bea.com>.
Oops, I meant to respond to Patrick's API naming issues (as the
objection that is causing me to rescind the vote).

The memory issue is troubling, though. How many other people have
experienced it? Any ideas as to the cause?

--
Marc Prud'hommeaux
BEA Systems, Inc.

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
What about 'mvn package -Dtest=false'?

-Patrick

Re: Testing install experience of OpenJPA

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
The version number relies on the Implementation-Version from MANIFEST.MF.
Manifest.mf gets created after the tests run though, so you won't see it
while the tests are running.

It should show up correctly if you run mvn package and then run something
against the "final" jar though. I just ran the OpenJPAVersion command which
did pick up the correct identifier and I think the messages use the same
mechanism.

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@bea.com>.

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@bea.com>.