Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bi...@tcs.com on 2006/04/13 06:36:50 UTC

Special Character getting converted from ß to SS

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem in my application , wherein I upload data
either from xls file or text file , and that support  ISO-8859-1 encoding
everytime I upload a file  with character

ªºÀÁÁÂÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖØÙÚÛÜÝÞ ß

all of my characters are uploaded properly except for the last
character(ß-------> SS )
see below the output from database

ªºÀÁÁÂÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖØÙÚÛÜÝÞ SS

I tried using setting NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8  and earlier with
default setting , in both case I am getting same problem

Also my database is supporting ISO-8859-1 encoding

 Any pointer please ?

Thanks

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you