Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> on 2011/03/02 12:55:23 UTC

Remaining Graduation Tasks

Hi guys,

Sorry for not being more on top of this, I'm trying to sort these bits
out this week.

As far as I can see, the remaining graduation tasks are;

 * Sort reporting schedule out - this should sort out "clutch"
(http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#other)
 * Tidy up "distribution" mirros
 * Sort karma for new committer (I need to work out how to do this)
 * (Non-graduation task) sort out board report for this month

Did I miss anything?

Cheers,

Tom

Re: Remaining Graduation Tasks

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Hi Patricia,

I'm a little busy at the moment, the sparc computer is available
publicly over ssh with a fixed ip, if you send me your public ssh key,
I'll set up an account for you.

Regards,

Peter.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
> Peter wrote:
>> Trunk's not quite ready for branching & release yet, but it is close.
>> Just waiting for people to finish recent work, then I'll cut the
>> release. This includes Patricia's outrigger improvements and Sim's
>> new configuration builder.
>
> The only remaining action on my Outrigger work that should be done
> before the next release is checking in a FastList unit test. I'll try to
> get that done today - the test already exists and passes.

Done.

Although I have ambitions to get my performance tests and alternative
FastList implementation checked in, I don't think that should hold-up
the release. Indeed, there is a case for holding it until after the next
release, to give time to see how things work and move them around with
minimal disruption.

Patricia

Re: Remaining Graduation Tasks

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Trunk's not quite ready for branching & release yet, but it is close.  Just waiting for people to finish recent work, then I'll cut the release.  This includes Patricia's outrigger improvements and Sim's new configuration builder.

I'm not going to be able to fix the solaris sparc java 1.6 security bugs before release, I just don't have the time at present.  It is my intention to fix this bug before retiring my ageing sparc however.

I can't see Oracle releasing a sparc developer workstation any time soon, so that's the end of the line, unless someone else takes it up.

Cheers,

Peter.

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I don't think so, no.

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Specifically, "river: Not listed in ReportingSchedule, yet listed in
> IncubationTable. See help."
>
> Reading [1] (the help page given above) and [2] and [3] I can't find
> any instructions on how to remove River from the IncubationTable.

I moved River to the list of graduated projects in revision 1077912.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Remaining Graduation Tasks

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
I don't know what "remains" means.  I'll try and get the first clutch
issues resolved first and then see if this (INFO) message disappears
the next time I run clutch.

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
I'm trying to sort out the issues that "clutch" is going on about, see
http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html.

Specifically, "river: Not listed in ReportingSchedule, yet listed in
IncubationTable. See help."

Reading [1] (the help page given above) and [2] and [3] I can't find
any instructions on how to remove River from the IncubationTable.

Running "python clutch.py" also highlights that "INFO: river:
dormant/retired project has remains on Incubator mirrors" but I don't
know if that's just a message relating to the above issue or an
additional one.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#h-Graduate