Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Michael Shtelma <ms...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/18 19:43:47 UTC

ClassCastException while saving table with decimal fields

Hi all,

I have tried to save some table with decimal fields to CarbonData.

I have got the following exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.math.BigDecimal cannot be cast to [B

at org.apache.carbondata.processing.sortandgroupby.sortdata.IntermediateFileMerger.writeDataTofile(IntermediateFileMerger.java:355)

at org.apache.carbondata.processing.sortandgroupby.sortdata.IntermediateFileMerger.run(IntermediateFileMerger.java:112)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Are decimals supported at the moment ?
I am using CarbonData 1.2 with Spark 2.1.

Best,
Michael

Re: ClassCastException while saving table with decimal fields

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@knoldus.in>.
Hi Michael,

I can confirm that the issue is valid and i have raised a JIRA issue for
the same.
Thanks for reporting the issue. You can find the link to the issue below.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CARBONDATA-1596

Thanks
Kunal Kapoor

--