Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by baz themail <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/29 15:29:19 UTC

How can i display all the file changes in a single revision on command line?

How can i display all the file changes in a single revision on command line?
What command should i use? Thanks. A.

Re: How can i display all the file changes in a single revision on command line?

Posted by Maxim Veksler <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:56 PM, baz themail <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried that and it shows the changed files.
>
> Is there a way to show the comment for revision 1234 as well as its changes?

A bit OT but you might try to use viewvc for any easy GUI to the
mentioned operations.

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Rock Sun <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The command would be:
>> svn diff -c 1234 --summarize http://svn/application
>>
>> btw:
>> Please Reply To ALL when send mail back.

>>> -c is the shortcut (which I forgot) for the syntax I gave where 98
>>> would be REVNUM (just a note to prevent confusion for the OP).

>> --
>> My Blog: http://rocksun.cn/
>> My Site: http://www.subversion.org.cn

--
Cheers,
Maxim Veksler

"Free as in Freedom" - Do u GNU ?

Re: How can i display all the file changes in a single revision on command line?

Posted by Steven Bakke <st...@amd.com>.
I don't think you can do it in a single command:

svn log --verbose

This will tell you all of the files changed plus the checkin comment.

svn blame <file>   [--verbose]

This will tell you which lines were changed by which user in which
revision.

-steve

Posted by baz themail <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rock Sun <da...@gmail.com>.
The command would be:

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rock Sun <da...@gmail.com>.
In the Working copy run:

svn diff -c 98 --summarize

Re: Static binaries for Subversion 1.5.4

Posted by David Ward <sy...@yahoo.com>.

> For what operating system and architecture?

I'm trying to build static binaries for Linux (2.6 kernel), We are
currently using RedHat 4.6.

>  And why do you need them?
Why do whe need static binaries? Our system administrator will not
install the latest subversion on our development machines. We tunnel
using svn+ssh:  Our current svn static binaries are 1.4.4, which we
had obtained prebuilt from one of the package maintainer websites last
year.

> For what operating system and architecture? And why do you need them?

Problems: I can produce a valid binary. However, it is not a static
binary. ldd reports the following:

/usr/bin/ldd: ./svn: /usr/lib/libc.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such
file or directory

I haven't yet found the library that is dependent on libc.so.1.
libc.so.1 seems a little old. I'm chipping away at the dependencies
one library at a time.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 29, 2008, at 10:49, David Ward wrote:

> Is there a source for static binaries of Subversion 1.5.4

For what operating system and architecture? And why do you need them?

> I've been unsuccessful, so far, in building statically linked 1.5.4.

What problems have you encountered? What error messages?

Static binaries for Subversion 1.5.4

Posted by David Ward <sy...@yahoo.com>.
Is there a source for static binaries of Subversion 1.5.4

I've been unsuccessful, so far, in building statically linked 1.5.4.

Cheers,
David

Re: How can i display all the file changes in a single revision on command line?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:29, baz themail <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can i display all the file changes in a single revision on command line?
> What command should i use? Thanks. A.

The actual changes themselves, or just which files changed?

Files changed: svn diff --summarize -rREVNUM-1:REVNUM
Actual content changes: svn diff -rREVNUM-1:REVNUM

I'm pretty sure this is covered in the manual. http://svnbook.org/