Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/17 08:21:53 UTC

MDCInjectionFilterTest fails occasionally.

Hi,

MDCInjectionFilterTest sometimes fails.  It sometimes passes, but it
would be great if it always passes.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: MDCInjectionFilterTest fails occasionally.

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Here the svn keywords reference ;)
http://blog.gleamynode.net/2006/12/setting-svnkeyword-property.html

Julien

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
On 9/17/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/17/07, Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Trustin,
> >
> > On 9/17/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Maaretn,

> > > I didn't actually check the cause. :)

> and
> > > it
> > >
> > > It passes very well now, but why does this test case take up a lot of
> > > CPU and take more than 10 seconds to run?  Somewhat odd...
> >

> > On my 2.3 Ghz dual core Windows box it "only" takes 6,655 seconds :-)
> > And on a 3Ghz single-core Xeon linux box, it takes 12 seconds.
> > Didn't know dual core would make such a difference.
> >
> > Yes, it's one of the slowest tests in mina, I don't really know why.
> >
> > Each of the 6 test-methods starts a SocketAcceptor and makes 2
> connections.
> > Although the filter itself is pretty simple, I wanted to test this
> filter
> > with a real
> > SocketAcceptor and a real ExecutorFilter etc.
> >
> > If you have any suggestions to make it speedier, please let me know.
> I'll be
> > glad to fix it.
> > Maybe I could re-use the acceptor for all test-methods and just replace
> the
> > filter-chain
> > but that seems a bit messy.
> >
> > BTW, do we have to manually set the svn properties for every file we add
> > subversion ?
> > Can't we use default properties on all .java files ?
>
> You mean keyword substitution?  The following article might be helpful:
>
> http://blog.gleamynode.net/2006/12/setting-svnkeyword-property.html

Yes, I keep forgetting that this is a client-side setting.
I wish it was a repository setting because I have only one
~/.subversion/config file
and at work we decided not to enable auto-props.

I could create a separate user for MINA development, but that has other
disadvantages of course.

But thanks for the pointer.

Maarten

Re: MDCInjectionFilterTest fails occasionally.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/17/07, Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Trustin,
>
> On 9/17/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Maaretn,
> >
> > On 9/17/07, Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I fixed a possible ConcurrentModificationException in the test-case.
> > > I hope that was the failure you saw ?
> >
> > I didn't actually check the cause. :)
> >
> > > I have run the test-case several times both on linux and Windows XP, and
> > it
> > > always succeeded.
> >
> > It passes very well now, but why does this test case take up a lot of
> > CPU and take more than 10 seconds to run?  Somewhat odd...
>

> On my 2.3 Ghz dual core Windows box it "only" takes 6,655 seconds :-)
> And on a 3Ghz single-core Xeon linux box, it takes 12 seconds.
> Didn't know dual core would make such a difference.
>
> Yes, it's one of the slowest tests in mina, I don't really know why.
>
> Each of the 6 test-methods starts a SocketAcceptor and makes 2 connections.
> Although the filter itself is pretty simple, I wanted to test this filter
> with a real
> SocketAcceptor and a real ExecutorFilter etc.
>
> If you have any suggestions to make it speedier, please let me know. I'll be
> glad to fix it.
> Maybe I could re-use the acceptor for all test-methods and just replace the
> filter-chain
> but that seems a bit messy.
>
> BTW, do we have to manually set the svn properties for every file we add to
> subversion ?
> Can't we use default properties on all .java files ?

You mean keyword substitution?  The following article might be helpful:

http://blog.gleamynode.net/2006/12/setting-svnkeyword-property.html

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Trustin,

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maaretn,

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
I fixed a possible ConcurrentModificationException in the test-case.
I hope that was the failure you saw ?

I have run the test-case several times both on linux and Windows XP, and it
always succeeded.

kind regards,
Maarten

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.