Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Ashish Choudhary <aa...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/02 17:45:41 UTC

Message size too large on get calls

Hi,

We have been experiencing a weird issue wherein we are getting
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.MessageTooLargeException:
Message too large to send
exception while executing gemfire functions. Interesting bits are that
there are not puts in this call.

It makes sense if this issue was occurring if we do some insert/put of
fairly large data size but that's not the case here. Any idea on why this
is happening?

There is a data ingestion flow but that is separate from the API which gets
data from gemfire so which makes this whole thing difficult to understand.

Found this on SOW for reference.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59329795/geode-exception-org-apache-geode-internal-cache-tier-sockets-messagetoolargeexc

With best regards,
Ashish