Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com> on 2011/12/31 23:37:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.0.0-incubating (rc4)

This is the first incubator release for Apache Flume, version
1.0.0-incubating.

It fixes the following issues:
http://bit.ly/sj5Fh8

*** Please download, test and vote by January 3rd, 2012.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
for convenience.

Source files, signature, and checksums:
http://people.apache.org/~esammer/flume/flume-1.0.0-incubating-rc4/

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flume/tags/flume-1.0.0-rc4/

Flume's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flume/dist/KEYS

Note that the Incubator PMC needs to vote upon the release after a
successful PPMC vote before any release can be made official.

The PPMC vote has not yet completed, but looks as if it will pass. We've
already received 5 +1s including 3 from IPMC members. Original thread
on flume-dev: http://bit.ly/uShyBZ

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.0.0-incubating (rc4)

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
All:

The vote on flume-dev completed with 5 +1s, no -1s, and no 0s. The original
vote thread is at:

+1s:
Arvind Prabhakar
Tom White (IPMC)
Ralph Goers (IPMC)
Patrick Hunt (IPMC)
Eric Sammer

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-flume-dev/201112.mbox/%3CCANpnisroKN9w3AOokJxpfhr-Qx%3D3rxzmeZ_0kkJr_N6QhgRh0Q%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The vote result is at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-flume-dev/201201.mbox/%3CCANpnisostxUV4RvFU8XF5Eye-LmH%3DQhdZgVucB5nha8aWL7T-w%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Since we have 3 +1s from IPMC members in the flume-dev vote, my
understanding is that we're good to go.

Thanks to all.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31 December 2011 22:37, Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> This is the first incubator release for Apache Flume, version
> 1.0.0-incubating.
>
> It fixes the following issues:
> http://bit.ly/sj5Fh8

Please don't use 3rd party link shorteners for official VOTE e-mails;
either provide the full link, or use the ASF link shortener -
http://s.apache.org/ - thanks.