Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "O. Olson" <ol...@yahoo.it> on 2013/05/23 23:50:11 UTC

Warning: no uniqueKey specified in schema.

Hi,

	I just downloaded Apache Solr 4.3.0 from http://lucene.apache.org/solr/. I
then got into the /example directory and started Solr with:

> java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=etc/logging.properties
> -Dsolr.solr.home="./example-DIH/solr/" -jar start.jar

I have not made any changes at this point and I get the following Warning:
no uniqueKey specified in schema.

I have no clue why this error occurs because the schema.xml has
<uniqueKey>id</uniqueKey>. Isn’t this correctly defined?? I have not changed
the examples in any way, just ran them. I would like to add that if I use
the normal Solr (not the one with the DataImportHandler):

> java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=etc/logging.properties -jar start.jar

This warning does not occur here. I’d appreciate any clues on why this
warning occurs in the example-DIH.

Thank you,
O. O.

Re: Warning: no uniqueKey specified in schema.

Posted by "O. Olson" <ol...@yahoo.it>.
Thank you Shawn for clearing this up. I was only using the “db” core, and
forgot that this example had a few other cores which have their own
schema.xml. I commented out this core in the solr.xml and now get no
warnings :-).

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/23/2013 3:50 PM, O. Olson wrote:
> 	I just downloaded Apache Solr 4.3.0 from http://lucene.apache.org/solr/. I
> then got into the /example directory and started Solr with:
>
>> java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=etc/logging.properties
>> -Dsolr.solr.home="./example-DIH/solr/" -jar start.jar
>
> I have not made any changes at this point and I get the following Warning:
> no uniqueKey specified in schema.

One of the cores defined in example-DIH, specifically the one named
tika, does not have uniqueKey in its schema.

example/example-DIH/solr/tika/conf/schema.xml

Thanks,
Shawn