Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kalana <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/04 19:18:04 UTC

client already connected with same clientId error

We use fuse-message-broker-5.0.0.9, which we use to create a connection
factory. And after running the service for sometime, we can't connect to the
Activemq(new Sessions). It will give and error saying we are trying to
connect from the same clientId.
Please see the stack strace below.

javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: localhost - Client: rClient
already connected from /192.168.0.12:49170
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addConnection(RegionBroker.java:211)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:81)
        at
org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addConnection(AdvisoryBroker.java:73)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:81)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:88)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:660)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:86)
        at
org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:125)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:282)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:179)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:68)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:134)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:204)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:84)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:196)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:183)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

This was done using spring 2.0 in a winXP box. does any one have an idea
about whats going on..
The same issue is there as a activemq bug report, but its in solved stage
for releases after 4.1

Does anyone know what version of activemq we use in fuse message broker, it
seems to be version 5.0.
Does anyone have experinced this before and resolved it....? If yes How ?
:confused:

Thanks in advance..

RE: client already connected with same clientId error

Posted by Kalana <ka...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for ur reply Sachindra, actually we create ActiveMQConnection factory
in only one place and use a pool so the connection will use that. and this
error won't pop up till we run it for some longer period. Thats why we
thought that it should have some connection with the bug.

Thanks for the reply and reagards
Kalana

Posted by Kalana <ka...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for ur reply Sachindra, actually we create ActiveMQConnection factory
in only one place, and this error won't pop up till we run it for some

Posted by Sachindra Nath <Sa...@efi.com>.
Hi Kalana,
   Check for a code/configuration that sets the client id, either on the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory or on an ActiveMQConnection. The client id should
be unique among the connected clients (as per the JMS Spec).

I believe the issue at the AMQ site was related to InvalidClientIdException,