Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/11 15:42:59 UTC

IndexTank technology...

Does anyone know what technology they are using: http://www.indextank.com/
Is it Lucene under the hood?

Thanks, and apologies for cross-posting.
-Glen

http://zzzoot.blogspot.com

--

-

Re: IndexTank technology...

Posted by Jorge Handl <jh...@flaptor.com>.
> Does anyone know what technology they are using: http://www.indextank.com/
> Is it Lucene under the hood?
> Thanks, and apologies for cross-posting.
> -Glen

I happen to be one of Indextank's developers, so I think I'm qualified to
answer your question! ;)
We do use a small portion of Lucene, namely the index file structure and
tokenizer, but not much else. We think lucene's inverted index is a good
implementation and didn't want to mess with tokenizers at this point, so we
didn't feel the need to replace those, although we might in the future.

Regards,
Jorge

Re: IndexTank technology...

Posted by Cupbearer <jc...@inforeverse.com>.
btw, i was told by Matt Weber who's the wordpress plugin/solr developer that
I've been talking to that this was a solr search that I could maybe use for
my WordPress Multisite search functionality.  After reading through it all
it was missing something that I needed, but according to him it is Solr.

-----

Cupbearer
Jerry E. Craig, Jr.