Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> on 2018/10/01 05:17:18 UTC

Re: Podling Report Reminder - October 2018

Hi,

Note the mixed private and dev list.

> I'm slightly confused by this.  Was the annotator report in September2018
> (which I recollect, and can see there now) an illusion?

Yep that happened but you had missed a number before that. [1] Looks like last board report before that one was almost a year ago when they need to be quarterly. If you miss one you are expected to report next month. You are in Group 1 and those podlings report Jan,Apr,Jul,Oct.

> I guess that means in principle the options are to report a second time in quick succession or to adjust the
> reporting schedule, and we're probably a bit late for the latter.

I wouldn’t adjust the report schedule at this point.

> Perhaps it would make sense for the automated emails to mention a
> podling's reporting schedule, so as to save potential confusion.

Well it a bit more complex as podlings report monthly for the first 3 months and can be asked for an out of band report or even asked to report monthly, but I'll see what I can do.

> Presumably this kind of thing may affect other podlings from time to time too?

Yes it does, but only if you miss one or more reports.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Annotator.html

Re: Podling Report Reminder - October 2018

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

> On Oct 3, 2018, at 3:17 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 20:53, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net <ma...@comcast.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Ok.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Oct 2, 2018, at 12:00 PM, Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Did some digging, and it looks like one of our board reports got missed by the bots:
>> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2018
>>
>> Not sure what kept it from showing on Whimsy's list:
>> https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Annotator
>>
>> However, it was filed, and was signed-off on by 2 of our mentors (Jim and Nick).
>>

>> Missing from whimsy, but it is here
>> https://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2018/board_minutes_2018_04_18.txt
>>
>> Justin - you can’t rely on Whimsy unless that PMC fixes the bug.
>
> Which in turn likely won't happen unless someone reports it via a JIRA issue.

WHIMSY-209 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIMSY-209>Podling Board Reports Missing for April and June 2018

Regards,
Dave

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Ok.

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Just a reminder that the report is due today.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Podling Report Reminder - October 2018

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

There is no bot involved in updating the wiki. You need to edit these manually in the wiki. Perhaps there was a conflict.

I’m concerned that if you are missing the reminders that not enough attention is being paid to the mailing lists.

Regards,
Dave

Note: private and public mix of recipients.