Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Aleksandr Pakhomov <ap...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/23 16:56:45 UTC

[VOTE] Add swagger dependency to Ignite 3

Dear community,

Discussion about 3rd party dependencies took place
and I think it is time to vote if we agreed to include
swagger dependency to the Ignite 3 or not.

The exact list of dependencies could be fined in IEP-87 [1]
(swagger-annotations, swagger-core,
swagger-codegen-maven-plugin)

Micronaut is out of the scope of this voting. I will launch
a separate one.

The vote is formal, see voting guidelines [2]

+1 - to accept additional dependencies to be included to Java code Guidelines [3]
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept (explain why)

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-87%3A+Open+API+support+for+REST#IEP87:OpenAPIsupportforREST-Additionaldependencies
[2] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html <https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html>
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Java+Code+Style+Guide#JavaCodeStyleGuide-2Using3rdpartylibraries

Re: [VOTE] Add swagger dependency to Ignite 3

Posted by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Aleksandr, thanks for the explanation.

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aleksandr Pakhomov <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan,

Posted by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mikhail Pochatkin <mp...@unison.team>.

Posted by Alexander Polovtcev <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me, I've seen many projects using this approach and I personally
find it quite useful

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 5:54 PM Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org> wrote:

> Ilya,
>
> are there any alternatives to Swagger that you could recommend that
> don't have the mentioned drawback?
>
> It seems that OPen API itself doesn't define primitive and wrapped
> types because such information is language/runtime/etc specific. Maybe
> this problem will be addressed in the future.
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 8:55 PM Ilya Kasnacheev
> <il...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > Back when I looked at it, Swagger was very primitive, such as not
> > supporting primitive types in generated models
> > https://stackoverflow.com/a/45053804/36498
> >
> > I'm not sure it is the right tool, please clarify why it is needed.
> >
> > -0.5 from me (binding)
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Ilya Kasnacheev
> >

> > пн, 23 мая 2022 г. в 19:57, Aleksandr Pakhomov <ap...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Dear community,
> > >
> > > Discussion about 3rd party dependencies took place
> > > and I think it is time to vote if we agreed to include
> > > swagger dependency to the Ignite 3 or not.
> > >
> > > The exact list of dependencies could be fined in IEP-87 [1]
> > > (swagger-annotations, swagger-core,
> > > swagger-codegen-maven-plugin)
> > >
> > > Micronaut is out of the scope of this voting. I will launch
> > > a separate one.
> > >
> > > The vote is formal, see voting guidelines [2]
> > >
> > > +1 - to accept additional dependencies to be included to Java code
> > > Guidelines [3]
> > > 0 - don't care either way
> > > -1 - DO NOT accept (explain why)
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-87%3A+Open+API+support+for+REST#IEP87:OpenAPIsupportforREST-Additionaldependencies
> > > [2] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html <
> > > https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html>
> > > [3]
> > >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Java+Code+Style+Guide#JavaCodeStyleGuide-2Using3rdpartylibraries

--
With regards,
Aleksandr Polovtcev

Re: [VOTE] Add swagger dependency to Ignite 3

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
Ilya,

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Aleksandr Pakhomov <ap...@gmail.com>.
This vote will be open for at least 4 days till Fri May 27, 2022,
21:00 Moscow TZ.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20220527T21&p0=166&msg=%5BVOTE%5D+Add+swagger+dependency+to+Ignite+3&font=cursive <https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20220527T21&p0=166&msg=[VOTE]+Add+swagger+dependency+to+Ignite+3&font=cursive>