Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/21 00:10:41 UTC

Re: Add nodes to running clusters

Hi Anis,

Please use the project email list to chat with us:
https://whirr.apache.org/mail-lists.html

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-214 is pretty much
self explanatory. What we want is to add the ability to resize a
running cluster deployed using Whirr. This issue is not trivial and
requires a signifiant amount of effort and core Whirr changes.

Have you tried to deploy a simple cluster with Whirr? What
do you have in mind for WHIRR-214? Do you know what it takes
to resize a ZooKeeper cluster? Or a Hadoop one?

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro