Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Al...@divintech.com on 2002/07/30 02:27:51 UTC

Problem building the sample app from tdk

I am trying to build the example from the tdk-howto document and the
README-FIRST.txt documents. However, after I build the application, and
when I try to build the database with the enclosed ant build, it fails with
the message below. I have mysql set up, and it creates the database;
however, when it hits te "torque-sql" target it fails.

I guess this must be easy to answer.. but I am stumped. I know that I was
able to build the tdk a while ago, but now the build fails with the
following message:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/turbine/torque/engine/database/transform/XmlToAppData, method:
parseFile signature: (Ljava/lang/St
ring;)Lorg/apache/turbine/torque/engine/database/model/AppData;)
Incompatible object argument for function call
        at
org.apache.turbine.torque.TorqueSQLTask.initControlContext(TorqueSQLTask.java:153)

        at
org.apache.velocity.texen.ant.TexenTask.execute(TexenTask.java:449)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:104)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:202)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:601)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:266)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:120)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:202)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:601)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:560)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:153)

Total time: 6 seconds
(class: org/apache/turbine/torque/engine/database/transform/XmlToAppData,
method: parseFile signature: (Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/turbi
ne/torque/engine/database/model/AppData;) Incompatible object argument for
function call

I would appreciate if anyone could give me a hand... or give me a hint or a
pointer of what I am doing wrong...

Thanks,

Alex Kotchnev
Diversified Information Technologies

Re: Problem building the sample app from tdk

Posted by Rodney Schneider <rl...@arcalink.com>.
On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:27, you wrote:

> I am trying to build the example from the tdk-howto document and the
> README-FIRST.txt documents. However, after I build the application, and
> when I try to build the database with the enclosed ant build, it fails with
> the message below. I have mysql set up, and it creates the database;
> however, when it hits te "torque-sql" target it fails.
>
> I guess this must be easy to answer.. but I am stumped. I know that I was
> able to build the tdk a while ago, but now the build fails with the
> following message:
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/turbine/torque/engine/database/transform/XmlToAppData, method:
> parseFile signature: (Ljava/lang/St
> ring;)Lorg/apache/turbine/torque/engine/database/model/AppData;)
> Incompatible object argument for function call
>         at
> org.apache.turbine.torque.TorqueSQLTask.initControlContext(TorqueSQLTask.ja
> va:153)

Hi Alex!

I think this error can occur if you have multiple versions of the xerces jar
file in your classpath, the wrong version of xerces, or if you are using
jdk1.4 which has a built in XML parser.

I am not sure which version of xerces is appropriate though.  Does anyone
else have any ideas?

Regards,

-- Rodney