Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Grant Walters <Gr...@walters.co.nz> on 2002/03/21 11:29:59 UTC

RH Linux 7.2/Apache 1.3.23/ gdbm sanity check fails from configure

Hi,

I've been having trouble with mod_rewrite core dumping on my current 1.3.12 setup using the precompiled gdbm library, so...

I downloaded the 1.3.23 source, compiled my own gdbm 1.8 and now I'm trying to get apache to find it.

I have LIBS=-lgdbm set before my configure pass.

The library resides in /opt/Test/01/lib.  It has both dynamic (.so) and static (.a) versions.

I've hunted the net and the source for relevant info and have tried every environment variable I can find

Such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_SH,  LIBS_SHLIB,  LD_RUN_PATH ....

As a non C programmer I'm about out of options.

Just run without the LIBS bit, configure finds the ndbm library OK.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Grant Walters

RE: RH Linux 7.2/Apache 1.3.23/ gdbm sanity check fails from configure

Posted by Grant Walters <Gr...@walters.co.nz>.
> LIBS="-L/opt/Test/01/lib -lgdbm " ./configure ...?

No good.  configure finds ndbm.

-I/usr/include/db -lndbm appear on the gcc compile lines.

It's gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
LIBS="-L/opt/Test/01/lib -lgdbm " ./configure ...?

îÁ 2002.03.21 12:29 Grant Walters ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: