Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/20 10:13:21 UTC

Can you comment on this?

Hi Guys,

I came across this article
http://www.infoq.com/news/2006/12/wicket-vs-springmvc-and-jsf and thought
probably someone here could comment. Is Tapestry really losing the battle
against Wicket?

Emmanuel

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by Dennis Sinelnikov <de...@augustschell.com>.
I agree.  It takes a little while to get a developer thinking in a
"Tapestry" way, but once that's done, it becomes contagious and fun --
constantly innovating and finding a better/neater solution to a problem.
Looking forward to Tap5...

-Dennis

RE: Can you comment on this?

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Just call me Paris ;-)

(mythology joke...)

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Karthik -

Sorry if my post came across the wrong way -- I just think it's a good
illustration of the kind of healthy cross-pollination I had been referring
to earlier. I'm not implying that they can't or won't implement this sort of
component, nor am I saying that something like this fits every project. I'm
just pointing out a visible example of the "free intellectual market" at
work. In fact, I'm eager to see how they improve on the concept, so that I
can steal their ideas! ;-)

Take care,

Daniel

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by karthik G <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Case in point ;-)

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Agree 100%. I guess I just consider the marketing aspects to be part of the
free intellectual market :-)

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by Marilen Corciovei <le...@nemesisit.rdsnet.ro>.
Daniel

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel -

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel Sowah a écrit :
> Hi Guys,
>
> I came across this article
> http://www.infoq.com/news/2006/12/wicket-vs-springmvc-and-jsf and thought
> probably someone here could comment. Is Tapestry really losing the battle
> against Wicket?
>
> Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel,

Did you have a look at Rife http://rifers.org/ ?

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Well, obviously emacs is better.

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Martin -

Can you please change your email address? I rediscover it about once a
month, usually as I'm about to take a gulp of hot coffee or tea. Reading
programming-related mailing lists should not be dangerous to your health ;-)

Regards,

Daniel

RE: Can you comment on this?

Posted by "Gentry, Michael (Contractor)" <mi...@fanniemae.com>.
Well, emacs has a vi emulation mode ...

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
It's sock puppetry, if true, and thus germane to the discussion.

*shrug*

</thread-participation>

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I think I manually took it elsewhere already. Maybe he will appear as
"Sophie" next. We'll see..

Re: Can you comment on this?

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.

Re: Can you comment on this?