Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> on 2003/01/13 13:45:38 UTC

Maven .... Nightmare

I just want to caution against one thing:  Please do not reoganize the
source code directories yet.  I know we want to organize the project
structure more like an Apache project and that's fine ... but to do so now
would cripple my ability to cleanly and safely merge in a huge number of
changes from my branch and Mind Bridge is in the same boat with his branch.

Once we put 2.3 to bed, we can merge in code changes into 2.4 and then we
can rename packages and reorganize overall structure.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
Understood. I'm just going to research the change for now.

Geoff

Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Maven .... Nightmare

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Okay...well if this is going to take awhile...  you might want to:

A. check the web pages into CVS so my site script can check them out and
publish them

B. check the version of ant you're using into CVS and provide a shell
script to launch the build with that version of ant so that my site
script can check them out and publish them.

I'd like to get the website migrated over soon as I may not have as much
time shortly.

-Andy

Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> I just want to caution against one thing:  Please do not reoganize the
> source code directories yet.  I know we want to organize the project
> structure more like an Apache project and that's fine ... but to do so now
> would cripple my ability to cleanly and safely merge in a huge number of
> changes from my branch and Mind Bridge is in the same boat with his branch.
>
> Once we put 2.3 to bed, we can merge in code changes into 2.4 and then we
> can rename packages and reorganize overall structure.

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
We shouldn't need to reorganise directories just to get Maven up and
going.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au