Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> on 2020/05/30 09:03:36 UTC

[VOTE] Naming of the transfer operators/Hooks

Seems this one will be easier to settle, there is not much controversy :)
Following the discussion
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r456565d372dcd7199d5ca34881d43911bf2c6ce623e515252a3aec73%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

I would like to cast a vote on the standard of naming the transfer
operators. The vote will last for 72 hours - till Tuesday 2nd of June,
11 am CEST. Committers have binding votes, but community members are
advised to vote with non-binding votes as well.

The naming conventions we vote on are as follows

[1] S3ToHiveOperator
[2] S3ToHiveTransferOperator
[3] S3ToHiveTransfer
[4] We do not care about consistency

Consider this as my (binding) vote for [1].

J.

--
Jarek Potiuk
Polidea | Principal Software Engineer

M: +48 660 796 129

Re: [VOTE] Naming of the transfer operators/Hooks

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
The vote has now passed with the option [1] winning:

[1] XToYOperator -> for example S3ToHiveOperator

We have 9 '+1' binding votes  :

   - Jarek Potiuk
   - Ash Berlin Taylor
   - Bas Harenslak
   - Tomasz Urbaszek
   - Kaxil Naik
   - Felix Uellendall
   - Maxime Beauchemin
   - Arthur Wiedmer
   - Kamil Breguła

We are waiting for the package voting to complete:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r3514ef575b437b9eb368111b1e4b03ad7455e63d64c359c22fd6ea9a%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E
to make the final move before we will implement the changes and re-cut RC4
for Backport Packages.

Issue created:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/9101

J.

--
[image: image.jpeg]

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>
[image: image.png]

<https://www.polidea.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Naming of the transfer operators/Hooks

Posted by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>.
+1 for [1] XToYOperator

Posted by Arthur Wiedmer <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1 for option 1 as well