Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexis Agahi <al...@users.sf.net> on 2005/11/25 00:02:22 UTC

Transitive dependency without version conflict

Hi,

I've developed a basic application bootstrap able to fetch dependency
with transitivity without version conflict.

For example an application with such dependency :
app-1.0
  +-- depA-1.0
  +-- depB-1.0—depA-2.0
is able to use the depA-1.0 on classloader app-1.0 classloader context
and depA-2.0 on depB-1.0 classloader context. depA 1.0 & 2.0 can coexist
in same application.
This solve many transitive dependency conflicts headaches.

Using this bootstrap code, an application could be lauched with cl
	java -jar bootstrap.jar groupId:artefact:version class:method
each dependency required for application run would be loaded recursively
with strict classloader encapsulation.

I could also easily developpe a maven2 plugin to launch application.

I would like to know if there is any interest for such feature or if it
already exists.

Regards