Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Argo Vilberg <wi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/29 09:38:26 UTC

how to build dynamic URL showing tooltip in tapestry 5.1.0.5

hi,

http://cssglobe.com/post/1695/easiest-tooltip-and-image-preview-using-jquery

Is there jQuery support in Tapestry or other ways is it possible to make
this example with tapestry built int prototype javascript?

Argo

Re: how to build dynamic URL showing tooltip in tapestry 5.1.0.5

Posted by Nikola Milikic <ni...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this is up to date with the latest Tapestry version, but there
is also http://tapestry.ioko.com/tapestry-jquery/ module which allows for
using jQuery (in noConflict mode) side by side with Scriptaculous.
 <http://tapestry.ioko.com/tapestry-jquery/>
Best,
Nikola

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by LLTYK <LL...@mailinator.com>.

Posted by Christian Köberl <ta...@gmail.com>.
See http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries

--
Chris--

Re: how to build dynamic URL showing tooltip in tapestry 5.1.0.5

Posted by Christian Riedel <cr...@googlemail.com>.
Yes, the project completely removes prototype. But I guess you could add it yourself and run jQuery in no-conflict mode. The original tapestry.js-API still works (with some known bugs to be fixed the next days).
The upgrade from Tapestry 5.1 to 5.2 should be no more than changing the version number in your pom.xml. Except you implemented a lot of internal interfaces :-)

Just try it out. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to see whether it's just a change of version numbers or if you have to adjust some code. The current version is 5.2.5.

If you have problems with jQuery's noconflict mode, I can have a look and provide some example or add some code to the plugin to make life easier :-)

Posted by Argo Vilberg <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Argo Vilberg <wi...@gmail.com>.
This  https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery completly remove prototype
javascript?
So i must write whole project...

And how difficult may the upgrade from 5.1.0.4 to 5.2?

Posted by Christian Riedel <cr...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Nikola Milikic <ni...@gmail.com>.
You have also a tooltip component from Chenille Kit
http://www.chenillekit.org/demo/tapcomp/tooltipdemo

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.